GAMELOFT Summer DEV School 2
Gameloft Summer DEV School 2023 is one of a kind EdTech initiative aiming to provide young professionals with practical C++ knowledge and understanding of the game development specifics. The current edition comes as a result of the successful first event held in 2022.
Time & Location
10 юли, 09:00 ч. – 21 юли, 09:00 ч.
Sofia, бул. „Княгиня Мария Луиза“ 2, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
About the Event
About the programme
Gameloft Summer DEV School 2023 is one of a kind #EdTech initiative aiming to provide young professionals with practical C++ knowledge and understanding of the game development specifics.
It’s been developed as a 2-weeks learning programme that includes solving a series of real C++-based gaming problems, tech talks and lots of fun with the talented dev team of Gameloft Bulgaria.
Get ready for a real hands-on experience!
All sessions will happen onsite at the Gameloft office in the heart of Sofia and also online for everyone who wants to join us from a distance.
In order to achieve a personal and helpful mentorship of the participants, we’ve limited the number to a small group.
Important: Those of you who perform well during the programme and pass the final test will have the opportunity to take part in the recruitement process and join the Gameloft team in the position of Junior C++ Game Developer.
Important: Personal data will be processed for the needs of the event only.
Find below the agenda of the GAMELOFT Summer DEV School 2023:
- May 2023: Application period
- June 2023: All the candidates will be given a tech test in order to screen their knowledge level
- July 2023: Selected candidates will be contacted to join the Gameloft Summer Dev School 2023
- 10-21 July, 2023: Gameloft Summer Dev School 2023: Enjoy day-long tech talks, mentoring sessions & dev tasks in the Gameloft Sofia office & online, held in Bulgarian language
- 25-29 July, 2023: Getting feedback on your work done, receiving a final practical test.
- August 2023: Top rated candidates will receive an invitation to join the Gameloft team at Sofia.
Who is it for?
GAMELOFT Summer DEV School 2023 is the right place for you if you:
- have some basic C++ knowledge
- are an Informatics, Maths or Physics student / young professional
- are a gaming fan who wants to deepdive into the real game dev work done
- have a good command of the English language and want to develop in an international environment.
If you are interested in our GAMELOFT Summer DEV School 2, please Apply. Applications will be processed in confidentiality. All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
The Team behind
Gameloft Summer DEV School 2023 has been designed and will be executed by a team of top professionals:
- Nikolay Dimitrov, Technical Director at Gameloft Bulgaria
Nikolay is a professional Game Developer for the last 15 years. His areas of expertise include AI, Animation Systems, Rendering, Physics, Distributed Systems and other fun and difficult stuff.
Starting from a garage studio in 2006, he is part of Masthead and the creation of the first Bulgarian MMO - Earthrise - and other big and small adventures.
- Petar Armyanov, Assoc. Prof. at the Sofia University
Mr. Armyanov holds M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in informatics from Sofia University (SU). He joined the faculty in 2016 to teach 12 subjects related to programming. He was also the assistant coach of the SU’s programming team. His interests include algorithms, programming languages, computer graphics, and high-performance computing. Additionally, Mr. Armyanov has more than 10 years of professional experience as a programmer.
- Team of top mentors with great expertise and passion for gaming
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as a pioneer in the industry, creating innovative gaming experiences for over 20 years. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, from mobile to cross-platform titles for PC and consoles. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 3,600 people worldwide. Every month, 55 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft for brands, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
- Take a look at Gameloft Sofia’s daily life on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gameloftsof) and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/gameloftsofia/)