GAMELOFT Summer School
Gameloft Summer School 2022 is one of a kind EdTech initiative aiming to provide young professionals with practical C++ knowledge and understanding of the game development specifics.
Time & Location
11 юли, 19:00 ч. – 25 юли, 19:00 ч.
Sofia, бул. „княгиня Мария Луиза“ 2, 1202 Old City Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
About the Event
About the programme
Gameloft Summer School 2022 is one of a kind #EdTech initiative aiming to provide young professionals with practical C++ knowledge and understanding of the game development specifics.
It’s been developed as a 2-weeks learning programme that includes solving a series of real C++-based gaming problems, tech talks and lots of fun with the geeky team of Gameloft Bulgaria.
Get ready for a real hands-on experience!
All sessions will happen onsite at the Gameloft office in the heart of Sofia and also online for everyone who wants to join us from a distance.
In order to achieve a personal and helpful mentorship of the participants, we’ve limited the number to a small group.
Important: All of you who performe well during the programme and pass the final test will be invited to join the Gameloft team in the position of Junior Developer.
Important: Personal data will be processed for the needs of the event only.
Find below the agenda of the GAMELOFT Summer School 2022:
- Application period: 1 - 30 June, 2022
- All the candidates will be given a tech test in order to screen their knowledge level
- 11-22 July, 2022 - day-long tech talks & mentoring sessions in the office & online held in Bulgarian language
- 25-29 July, 2022 - getting some feedback on your work done, receiving a final test and if successful - receiving an invitation to join the Gameloft team.
Who is it for?
GAMELOFT Summer School 2022 is the right place for you if you:
- have some basic C++ knowledge
- are an Informatics, Maths or Physics student / young professional
- are a gaming fan who wants to deepdive into the real game dev work done
- have a good command of the English language and want to develop in an international environment.
The Team behind
Gameloft Summer School 2022 has been designed and will be executed by a team of top professionals:
- Nikolay Dimitrov, CTO at Gameloft Bulgaria
Nikolay is a professional Game Developer for the last 15 years. His areas of expertise include AI, Animation Systems, Rendering, Physics, Distributed Systems and other fun and difficult stuff.
Starting from a garage studio in 2006, he is part of Masthead and the creation of the first Bulgarian MMO - Earthrise - and other big and small adventures.
- Petar Armyanov, Assoc. Prof. at the Sofia University
Mr. Armyanov holds M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in informatics from Sofia University (SU). He joined the faculty in 2016 to teach 12 subjects related to programming. He was also the assistant coach of the SU’s programming team. His interests include algorithms, programming languages, computer graphics, and high-performance computing. Additionally, Mr. Armyanov has more than 10 years of professional experience as a programmer.
- Team of top mentors with great expertise and passion for gaming
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie (data.ai).
Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 3,600 people worldwide.