Time & Location
About the Event
What is The Challenge?
Welcome to The Challenge, an online algorithmic competition initiated by the Tuesday Afternoon Club and its founding organization: MNKnowledge.
The event is an open challenge for students and IT professionals. Yet, welcome are also all younger people willing to demonstrate their knowledge in algorithms and technology.
Take your chance to show off your knowledge, skills and creativity, and win a tech face-to-face coaching session with a top IT professional from The Challenge team. Also, other great stuff is in store for you, but we’re keeping it under wraps for the moment. Rest assured, you’ll love it.
The first edition of The Challenge is supported by Chaos.
Аbout Tuesday Afternoon Club
Tuesday Afternoon Club is an initiative of MNKnowledge. It had its premiere in the first half of 2020, and has had three editions so far.
The Club is a series of online talks on algorithmic topics that brings together people with expertise and interests in the field. The individual sessions are hosted and led by reputed university lecturers and industry professionals.
The initiative aims to keep active and engage the Bulgarian algorithmic community.
MNKnowledge is an IT collective focused on sharing knowledge and consultancy services in the field of information technologies.
The problems to be solved*
The competition includes two types of algorithmic problems characterized by the following features:
- Speed-Up Challenge
An algorithmic problem that normally takes little time to solve. The main grading factor is the highest number of tests covered in the respective electronic system.
- Deep Dive Challenge
A technological problem that requires preliminary research, and may take a while to solve. Grading is based on the solution's efficiency, code quality, and overall approach.
*Details about the tournament rules and information about the problems will be given shortly before the start of the competition in early May.
The prize fund includes:
- "Face to face" technical coaching sessions with the tournament team /online/ with the members behind the Competition.
- Selected technical literature
- Cool craft beer
- Subject awards
Calendar and important dates
- 13 April 2021 - 7 May 2021 - the online registration for the competition is open.
- 10 May 2021, 6:30 pm - online event for all the enrollees including reveal of the algorithmic problems and technical instructions from The Challenge team.
- 10 - 21 May 2021 - period for the participants to submit their solutions.
- 15 May 2021, 4:00 pm - time for the Speed-Up Challenge.
- 31 May 2021, 6:30 pm, G8 Culture Center - award event.
The Challenge team
The team behind the competition includes leading IT academics and top professionals. They are eager to see and evaluate your creative solutions to the algorithmic problems and will be glad to meet all the winners for technical coaching sessions:
- Professor Krassimir Manev, Ph.D
- Associate Professor Boyko Bantchev, Ph.D
- Associate Professor Petar Armyanov, Ph.D
- Lyubomir Koev
- Tanya Dilkovska-Petrova
- Nikolina Eftimova
- Aleksandar Stanev
Everything about the event is here.